Sunday, May 22, 2011

Journal #4 - How You Shaped & Produced the "Impact Activity?" (Process Paper)

For my “impact activity,” I am going to play a portion of a piano piece I’m currently teaching myself, and I will be applying the lessons I have learned from my piano classes into the song. I made a video instead because I couldn’t bring in my keyboard to school. (Hahaha)


For the piano piece, I actually knew how to play the whole beginning part of the song so that wasn’t much of a problem for me to do. However, I could never get past the first page of the song so I gave up. It became sort of difficult. I gave it a try, but it didn’t sound right. Then, with some practice and after the first two piano lessons I took, it became quite easier. The lessons really did help me out a lot.


The process I went through to develop my impact activity wasn’t difficult to come up with. It was obvious that I would have to perform a piano piece. The better question was “HOW?” How could I present it to the class? I knew I couldn’t bring my piano to school. That would be crazy. (Hahaha) So, as suggested by Mrs. Sueoka and my friends, I should just take a video of myself. I was even thinking of having someone film me while I was taking my lessons, but it didn’t work out. So, instead of performing live, which I would have loved to do, I just decided to take a video of myself and present it to the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment