Sunday, May 22, 2011

Journal #3 - Response To Your Learning (Reflective Journal)

My passion is playing the piano. Even though I stopped having lessons ever since the third grade, that never stopped me from continuing to play. Without lessons, I managed to still teach myself how to play about 10 songs, mostly by ear. However, I didn’t know the dynamics and terms of piano, such as forte, which means to play loud, and piano, which means to play soft. Because of Project Icarus, I signed myself up for piano lessons and it was the best decision I ever made. (This is shown as a documentation of how I attained GLO #1.) I learned a lot from my instructor, which helped me improve my piano playing overall. As the lessons became a little more challenging, I began to struggle a bit. I could read the notes just fine, but I needed to give myself a second to figure out what note it was. No matter how difficult it gets, I’m still motivated to continue and not give up. The challenge is what keeps me going. The point of school is to inspire and challenge students and to help them reach their highest potential. Because of this, I have developed an outgoing attitude that will help me go far in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment