Monday, January 11, 2010

Journal #20 - My Final Minutes of 2009

New Year’s Eve...The day where everyone celebrates the coming of a new year with a “BANG!” (LITERALLY!!!) I check to see the time on my cell and it’s 11:55 at night. “Ohhhh Myyyy Goshhhh! 5 minutes more till 2009 is over,” I think to myself. I’m popping fireworks with my cousins. We light up everything we can. The neighbors begin to pop the illegal kinds of fireworks that shoot up in the sky and make a big BOOM! I look up and see the bright colors of pink, green, purple, blue, and gold. I hear the cute, little screams from my baby cousins as they gaze up at the sky in amazement. All of my family gathers outside the house together making the most of the last five minutes of 2009. Time definitely goes by quick and before I knew it, I hear everyone saying, “5…4…3…2…1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!” My cousins and I pop the last batch of fireworks and I go over to my family and greet them a happy new year. I hug every person in sight with teary eyes. Yes, I’m filled with sadness as I say goodbye to the year 2009, but I know 2010 will have something good in store for me!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharmaine,
    Very nicely done! Your "mini essay" focuses nicely on the topic described in your title and contains good specific details about those last minutes of 2009, to support that focus.
    This journal provides another good documentation of your understanding of the trait of "ideas" and of the titling techniques that we have been learning.
    assessment score: 4
    mrs s

    ReplyDelete