Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Writing Experiences & Goals

Writing has been and still is an important part of my life. My writing skills have improved and developed more and more as I got older. I used to hate writing essays and poems. It would usually turn out boring, and honestly, I'm not that creative. Then I began to notice my flair for writing in the 8th grade. One of the best writing pieces I have ever done and was proud of was an essay about life and growing up. My weak point in writing is organizing my thoughts. The reason for that is because I write whatever comes to my mind, and then I have a hard time trying to fit it into my essay. I hope to improve that over the school year. Writing has made a big difference in my life because now I can easily express my feelings and thoughts.

My goals this school year are to understand the 6 traits of writing more fully. I want my writing to be more effective so that it would capture the reader's attention from beginning to end. Another goal that I would like to fulfill is the ability to come up with good ideas to write about. Also, I want to improve my weak areas in writing, specifically organization.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharmaine,

    Great goals…and we will definitely be covering ideas and organization, and hopefully, writing will continue to be “an important part” of your life!~

    Here are my comments on your writing pre-assessment: You describe a complete event, your finding out that your grandpa had died. To make it stronger, I would suggest that you include more details about him and your relationship with him. That would give more depth to your feelings of sadness and your attempts to accept his passing.

    For your idea bank: nice job of collecting physical details that go along with the different emotions As an idea back, it would be more useful, though, if you also included details about the people involved, the settings, their actions, etc.

    mrs s

    ReplyDelete