Monday, April 4, 2011

Journal #1 - Learning & Research Process

TOPIC

Piano


PASSION & STRETCH

  • Been playing piano for about 2 years, since the 8th grade
  • I took lessons in the 3rd grade, but had to stop after 6 months because my piano teacher had to go to Seattle.
  • From 8th grade until now I have taught myself how to play piano, mainly by ear
  • I can read notes, but I have to write them down on the piano sheet before I forget
  • I want to read notes off a piano sheet on the spot without writing them down
  • I know some of the basics of playing piano, but I want to learn more about the rests, time signatures, etc.


RESOURCES & RESEARCH

  • Piano teacher & lessons


PROCESS & PRODUCT

  • I would take lessons for about a month, or how ever long the duration of this project is.
  • Learn everything I can, mainly read notes on the spot and my other said goals.
  • Practice everyday.
  • As a result, I would want to start playing piano for my church.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharmaine!
    It sounds as if you're off to a great start on your Project Icarus. You have shown your interest/passion for the piano (I would suggest extending this part in your project documentation...like what songs you've taught yourself and perhaps pictures or scans of your sheet music with your notes written on it :)
    Be sure to include the name of Traci's piano teacher in your project documentation, as well as the days and dates of your lessons. That's kind of like the documentation of your field work. See if you can get Traci's teacher to make a brief comment at the end of your project, about your progress.
    And that's a wonderful, real world application of your project, to play for your church. How are you planning to document that? Can someone videotape some excerpts of your playing?
    Good luck on the project! I'm looking forward to seeing the final!
    mrs s

    ReplyDelete